View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
tricia keegan

Triple positive-Always a recurrance?

Hi Everyone I was dx last June with Idc 3/9 nodes positive and only now trying to get my ahead around the whole her2 thing and understand it.I have had a/c x4 them weekly Taxol/Herceptin x12 and just completing 35 rad treatments this week.You all seem so knowledgable on this board I just wanted to ask what is probably a very silly question but hope you will bear with me.As I learn about my situation it seems triple pos is bad news although I know the herceptin may help.I gather it does'nt work for everyone so well and just want to ask if being triple pos means there will always be a recurrance or is it possible to not have this come back at all? I am stage 2. Are there any survivors out there that are triple pos and hav'nt had a recurrance?Maybe I'm just reading the wrong material but it all seems fairly bleak.I 'm a strong believer in knowledge being power even if it is'nt what I want to hear I would rather know what I'm dealing with.Thank you all for your great advice and posts that have helped me so much.Especially the people who are already stage iv and have taught me in my ignorance that even this is not a death sentence.
Tricia
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote