View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #18
Lien

Re: Positive stories, please come out of the woods

And another positive story:

Last week, my niece turned six. She was born the day before I was diagnosed.

My aunt, not a blood relative, survived cancer for 20+ years. She's in her 80's.

I know a woman who was stage IV 13 yrs ago. She's NED

I know several women who had a recurrence, one even had 3, who returned to NED.

On the Breastcancer List (www.bclist.org) several women were diagnosed with stage III a long, long time ago. They are doing fine.

Like others have said: when you have survived for a long time, you don't post so much. There's just not that much to say. Life goes one. We are fine. We want to give back to the forum or list that saved our sanity. But if you need us for our positive stories, we are only too happy to oblige. I don't know about the statistics in your country, but here in the Netherlands 10 year survival is very high. Around 75% overall I think.

This is a list for HER2 survivors. Many of us had our first diagnosis before Herceptin was available. Consequently, there are more people with advanced disease. I think things are getting better now that we have targeted therapies.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote