View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
Ruth

Re: Positive stories, please come out of the woods

Hi Marcia ~
I was also diagnosed at age 36 and with 10 positive nodes. Many matted together. My daughter at the time was 9 months old and now sweet Emma is 7 1/2. There are non recurring stories out there but many just don't post anymore as they move on. I have a good friend who is 15+ years out from stage 3 (was 29 at diagnosis) and had no herceptin! She had everything else there was at the time (stem cell transplant; high dose chemo)and her baby is in college now. I have had a hard time too reading about Joy, Irene and Julie. I want to take a break from here for a while because it hurts so much. It's tough and no other words describe how horrible this disease is. But with all that I'll be on my 7th year soon and I feel physically just fine. I still worry sometimes but my Oncologist told me I shouldn't anymore...just enjoy life. Audrey almays makes me smile when I see her post something since she has my signature and she's ahead of me by a couple of years. We are both doing great and I think there are many of us out there.
Love & hugs ~ Ruth

Diagnosed 6/03 nursing daughter
Dose dense A/C 4x
Modified rad mast 8/03
IDC; 3 cm; 10+/16 nodes; ER/PR-; Her2+++
Weekly taxol w/Herceptin (off label) 12x's
40 weeks Herceptin
Radiation 33x
Reconstruction w/ implants 05 & 07
NED
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote