View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 06:47 PM   #7
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

Having a reconstruction has always been the dangling carrot for me. I had my mastectomy in 1998 and I was on a wait list for recon, when I finally got the date and had all the tests one final test thyroid threw it all out the window, because it was not stable I was a risk, well that was in 2003 and haven't been NED since so I can't get it anyway until I get a stable disease, can't get anymore stable that what I have, it has been in my remaining breast for 12 months now, but that isn't the stable he wants, so I just keep working toward it, I have pretty much stuffed shoulders so bras and prothesis and a no go, and I have a lot of neck aches as well so being lopsided with the remaining large breast is of no help to me, I just figure I don't want to spend the next 40 years struggling with my clothes, there is longivity in my family, my mum is 86 next months with absolutely no health issues, her fingers are a bit stiff as is one of her shoulders, so just a daily vitamin for her and a bit of asprin and calcium supplements, I wish I was that healthy, she also still looks young for her age, but before me there was no history of breast cancer, but I am 51 now and intend to be around for a lot of years yet.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote