View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
LeahM

Unhappy Not sure what to think of the info I got today

If you saw my Tamox Gripe thread then you know I have been experiencing some strange things lately, mostly tingling on my left side and shortness of breath. I have had my Pulse Ox taken 3 times since Sunday and each time it has been 99%. My resting heart rate has been hovering around 100bpm. So I have had some tests:

EKG is normal. (ordered by PCP)

Venous Doppler ultrasound of lower extemities normal. (ordered by med onc)

CT Scan with Contrast of chest (ordered by PCP) shows scarring right upper lung lobe r/t rads (not surprised) and a 5mm nodule and a 4mm nodule on both my left and right lung...origin unknown...rescan in 3 months. (again, this was PCP not onc) No PE, which is what he wanted to rule out.

Next Wed I have a 2D Echo scheduled (insurance denied a 4th MUGA...whatever)

So here is where I am at:

1) Why didn't onc order these scans when I told his nurse I was SOB?? And...I bumped into said nurse while at hospital after CT Scan...I love her...she is sooooo on my side...yet PCP calls me with results...not onc?? Should I be mad at him? (I often feel like I "bug" him but I want him to know I am me and not a statistic...plus having a medical background doesn't help as I am always asking questions)

2) The reason why my BC was found so early is that I am a lumpy, bumpy person and am always having "things" checked...fibroadenomas, sebacious cysts...I also am one of the 5% of the population that has an extra elbow muscle....(and boy does that cause problems). My point here is that I have a history of benign everything...until BC.

3) I can't stop thinking of BonnieR who had a lobe removed for nothing...Bonnie...I would love to hear that whole story

4) I would rather have Herceptin related heart issues (good reason why my Pulse Ox is ok and my resting heart rate is high) then lung mets. Seriously. Nurse says I would just stop Vit H if 2D Echo is bad...next Vit H March 12.

5) I am slightly freaking out...and would prefer not to "know" this stuff now as PCP says "do nothing and rescan in 3 months"....I have HUGE plans for this summer as last summer was a bust...and re-treating CA is not on my "to do" list.

6) Tomorrow AM I have a follow up appt. with rad onc., she isn't going to know what hit her when Alan and I come in the room.

7) I realize that there is nothing that can be done with a "nodule" that small...I wish I hadn't had the test and had gone with my first thought which was to wait till after the 2D Echo and if the results of that were ok then I would address the lungs.

8) I dont know what to do/think at this point.

9) Need hugs and prayers....

Thanks
Leah
May 10, 2012: BRCA 1,2 Negative
May 23, 2012: MUGA Scan EF 70%
May 31, 2012: B/L Mastectomy. 2/2 nodes removed and CLEAR!! Power Port placed. 2 Drains. 2 Expanders placed
June 5, 2012: Drains OUT! Ahhhh..
June 12, 2012: Final Pathology Report, .8x.3cm tumor. Micromets to 1 node .35mm under cytokeratin staining. Stage 2A. Onc says "you are lucky to have found this early"
July 10, 2012: Started 6 rounds of TCH with weekly H
Sept 5, 2012: MUGA 65%
Sept 20, 2012: CAT scan of brain clear!
Oct 23, 2012: LAST TC! AMEN! Continue Herceptin every three weeks until July 2013.
Nov 19, 2012: Port out!
Dec 5, 2012: Started radiation
Dec. 10, 2012: MUGA 65%
Dec. 13, 2012: Turned 40. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!
Jan 23, 2013: Last radiation. Told I am NED. Continue Herceptin every three weeks till July 2013.
Jan 29, 2013: Begin 5 years of Tamoxifen.
Feb 28, 2013: CT Scan with Contrast of lungs. 5mm and 4mm nodules of unknown origin. Rescan in 3 months.
Mar 6, 2013: EF 60%
May 8, 2013: Exanders out, implants implanted...abd. lipo and fat moved up. Girls are looking good!
June 3, 2013: CT Scan with Contrast of lungs. Previous nodules gone. New nodules (2mm and 3mm) found. Rescan in 3 months. So sorry I opened this can of worms...
June 11, 2013: EF 60%
June 25, 2013: Last Herceptin. wow...
Aug 20, 2013: Tumor markers within normal limits. Xray to sore left ribs shows no disease or fractures.
Sept 9, 2013: CT of lungs shows no disease. Closing this can of worms and moving on.
Nov 20, 2013: Tumor markers within normal limits. Severe Vit D deficiency, started on prescription Vit. D. Blaming chemo for this.
Feb 2014: Tumor markers within normal limits.
May 2014: Tumor markers within normal limits. Graduated to twice yearly onc appts.
Oct 2014: Tumor markers within normal limits.
May 2015: Tumor markers WNL. Bone density scan fine. Bone scan and xray of ribs shows "something" 4th right rib. Could be healed fracture but if it is healed why does it hurt?
Nov 2015: Tumor markers WNL. Follow up bone scan clear.
Feb 2016: Syncope! WTF? Dizzy too. Brain scan clear, ECHO EF 60%, Halter Monitor shows heart is fine. Viral? I will never know.
June 2016: Tumor markers WNL.
Oct 2016: Stabbing pain right eye. Long story short, trigeminal neuralgia.
Nov 2016 Brain MRI clear.
Jan 2017: Tumor markers WNL, still getting weird pain right rib area, and sometimes right upper chest. Xray x2, Bone Scan, Breast MRI all clear. Scar tissue? Rads. I may never know.
www.onmywaytosurvivorhood.blogspot.com
www.thechemobag.com
www.facebook.com/thechemobag
LeahM is offline   Reply With Quote