View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 11:29 AM   #8
sarah

Re: Went for mammo and cancer has returned...

So sorry to hear this Linn. I remember how devastated I was when my cancer came back after being told 5 years earlier that I was cured but there are lots of treatment options and it's 10 years out from the last recurrence and I have had a lot of fun in those years. I was also told I'd be on treatment forever but they stopped it after 6 because things looked so good, so forever isn't necessarily forever. I hope you will get over the shock soon and get back into the fight and treatment. It's so hard and so sad to have do it all again but living is fun. You have to get back to that point of believing you can kick it again and get back to living and having fun. Be patient with yourself and watch some funny movies and play some of your favorite music really loud and dance around the room. and eat some chocolate. Cancer sucks but we all learn we're stronger and tougher than we think we are. Go to the gym and get into shape for the fight, you know you can do it because you've done it before. Again so sorry you going through this.
big hug and love
sarah