View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 04:06 AM   #14
kristen

Hi Christine,
I am on he BRCIG study and they take my blood for this test I assume, they don't mention it by name, but say they are testing it for HER2. I don't know if Bayer has a hand in this or not and if they are trying to find out if this test works on non met patients who have taken Herceptin for the year following chemo?
As a study participant, I do not get the results of these tests so I don't know any numbers and since it's labeled only for mets, I can't talk my onc into this one.
It would be intereting to know if they are involved with this and are trying to get it labeled for non met patients?

I also wonder, and maybe this is my chemo brain, I haven't watched the presentation since it first came out, but if they are finding out that 50% of met patients are HER2 somehow it has switched from original dx, I don't know why that is not a huge selling feature for them? Couldn't they just run this test rather then do some invasive testing to find out if a new tumor is HER2? Wouldn't the numbers correlate that a tumor would be HER2? Just an uneducated question? and it could be chemo/menopausal brain talking here. Sorry if it is....I am glad you are all going and representing us at ASCO. I am looking forward to seeing what will be posted from the meeting. Thank you all for everything that you do here. Safe Travels.
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote