View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #10
harrie

reply to tax, carbo and herceptin

Thanks for all the replies! This is my first time using this forum. I am doing GREAT with my treatments. Today was my 3rd and today my oncologist and I argeed to go the full 6 rounds since I am doing so great. My side effects were manageable. Constipation for a few days but this tea called Smooth Move helped a lot. Nausea for a few days which consisted of salivation only. Compazine took care of that, PLUS enabled me to sleep really good. Some sleeping problems with the Decadron, but one 25 mg of Sominex took care of that. Loss of hair of course, but I LOVE my wig (no one can tell, but it looks like I am having a good hair day!!), caps with hair attached, beanies, etc. I LOVE wearing a variety of hair styles so hair loss is not bad at all! Am even considering keeping my hair short and continuing the wigs after my hair grows back!
I had my surgery in CA, but had to go back to my hometown for the chemo. It was a bit difficult because my oncologist in my town didn't want to give me the recommended dosages of the BCIRG which was AUC+6, but I managed to turn an unfavorable relationship with him into a good one and now I am getting the tx I am comfortable with at the dosages I want ANd he is on good terms with me.
Again, thank you for all your responses. Truely appreciate it.
Aloha,
Harrie
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote