View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #18
WolverineFan

Re: tattoo on herceptin

I think the tatoo is a great idea, and have often thought of getting one myself. I currently don't have any, but one of my best friends and my husband both want me to get one. I'm still on the fence with this for me, but my husband had a pink ribbon with my name in it tatooed on the upper part of his arm while I was going through treatment. He also had the words "Semper Fi" in it as one night when I was going through treatment, we looked up what that word means. It means "Always Faithful", so while I am not a marine by any stretch, the words Semper Fi spoke to me, and I started using that when I'd sign off on my Care Pages updates. Lastly, there is a rose in it as well, since our last name is Rose. I love the tattoo and that he had this done!!! He's an awesome partner and husband!

3/35/2009 - Diagnosed, age 39
5/7/09 - Mastectomy and reconstruction started. Two tumors found. Tumors were side by side. DCIS tumor was 2.8 cm, ER-, PR-, grade 2. Invasive tumor was 1.1 cm, poorly differentiated, grade 3, ER+90%, PR+95%, HER2+3. Thankfully, no node involvement.
5/29/09 - Second surgery resulting from difficulty healing from mastectomy.
6/2/09 - Began Herceptin treatments
6/23/09 - Began Taxotere and Carboplatin treatments along with Herception every 3 weeks.
10/06/09 - Completed Taxotere and Carboplatin - Yeah!!!
10/27/2009 - Herceptin maintenance and began Femara
12/10/2009 - 2nd stage reconstruction surgery
2/2010 - Body rejected saline implant
3/18/2010 - Second stage reconstruction using silicone implant
5/4/10 - Completed Herceptin - YEE-HAA!
May '10 - Body rejects silicone implant...taking a break.
11/29/10 - Hysterectomy
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote