View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Kavy

Unhappy Update on our Dear Kate (Tousled 1)

It is with great sadness and tears in my eyes that I let you all know that our dear friend Kate is back in the hospital, and that she is not doing well.
Since she came back from the hospital, she has been feeling very tired. Then she started to feel weak, and her appetite was not good either.
Last Thursday, she went to see her oncologist, and she wanted to put her back on chemo right away, but Kate refused because she was feeling very weak, and she knew it would be too much on her body. This past weekend, she developed a cough, and Sunday she told me she was going to see her oncologist on Monday and that she decided to go back to treatment (Herceptin/Ixempra) even though she did not want to because she had no choice. After that, I hadn't heard from her, she did not return my phone calls, so I had a bad feeling that things did not go well. This morning she called me and said she is back in the hospital, and that she was admitted with severe short of breath, and they put her temporarily in a special breathing machine so that she could breath better. This afternoon I called her, and she told me that they did a broncoscopy and that it does not look good, her lungs are failing, and that they are calling hospice. She also added that the doctors at the hospital said that nothing is going to work at this point, but her oncologist is still willing to give her treatment if she feels better though.
I cannot believe this is happening to our dear friend. I hate this disease! I feel lost and helpless. I do not know what to say to her. I love her and I want her to keep fighting, I do not want her to give it up because while there is life, there is hope. And I feel there is still a lot of fighting spirit in her.
My sisters and brothers, Kate needs our prayers for this treatment to kick in so that she can keep the fight. I invite all of you to say a special prayer for her tomorrow (Thursday), at 3:00 pm pacific time, God will listen to our prayer again. And If anybody wants to send her a card, PM me that I will gladly send you her address, I think this will help lift her spirit.

God bless you all.
I will keep you updated.
KarlaV.
Kavy is offline   Reply With Quote