View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #6
koolmom

Red face Thanks

D.W. Thanks for the info. I was dx in March 2004 w/7 nodes positive. Did the AC/Taxol/Cytoxin. (Before Herceptin was released). 32 rad treatments. Next year had cervical nodes positive/took out took Navelbine Herceptin. Went off Navelbine, just herceptin, the next year had 1 more cervical node positive. Took that out also, had radiation to the neck area and start Tykerb/Xeloda (full strength dose). My doctor was amazed that I never got the hand/food syndrome. She said about 80% of people get it. I was on that for 18 months. Now small amount of activity showing up in lymph nodes in chest area. Not very large on CT. So they switched me thinking the ugly beast may be trying to rear its head again.

They do give me a nausea med. Kytril. I will make sure they are still giving it to me. My 1st Herceptin treatment this time I had a horrible reaction. Nausea, couldn't breath, muscles went into rigor (I was bouncing around like a dying fish) - very scary. That was with premedicating with Benadryl/Tylenol, etc. So now, I get IV Benadryl (and still Kytril, I think). I'll have to ask.

Are you doing once a week or every three weeks?

They have cut my dose of Navelbine due to the neuropathy. After just 2 treatments, my fingers feel like "pins and needles". They said if they kept the dose up, I could have a permant disability. They said Lyrica would help the symptoms, but mask the problem.