View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #179
caroline96

Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

Hello everyone. I have been viewing this site for quite a while now but have yet no courage to chime in. I did post a reply once, but that's about it. I have been stage IV since Dec 2010 with mets to left lung, lymph nodes, and bones. I was first diagnosed stage I back in 5/03, NED for 7 years then it came back on annual chest X-ray. Mammograms came back clear, always had been! Strange, huh? My old onc only gave me Xeloda and didn't want to listen to me to retest the receptor status. I left him and went to MD Anderson. After retesting, I was confirmed HER2+ and officially triple positive since then. I am stable now and on Herceptin, Femara, Faslodex, and Zometa.

When I was diagnosed the second time, I was crushed, I couldn't eat, get up, and do my daily stuff. I stumbled upon this site while looking for survivor stories and this group gave me hope. You all have positive way of dealing with this disease and it's contagious! I slowly began to smile again and stand up to what life has dealt me. It's been 17 months now.

Thank you all for such encouraging stories.

Maria
caroline96 is offline   Reply With Quote