View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Why i take supplements sooo many reasons!

BOOSTING MY IMMUNE SYSTEM IS ONE OF MY MANY REASONS FOR TAKING SUPPLEMENTS DAILY. WHICH KEEPS ME HEALTHY AND WELL AND HELPS ME FIGHT OFF CANCER.

7 easy ways to boost your immune system - TODAY Health - TODAY.com

HERE'S THE GIST: Get lots of sleep -- 7-9 hrs a night. (Like stress, fatigue can cause a rise in inflammation in the body, which is the source of all bodily dysfunction and illness.)
Do yoga or meditate -- for relaxation. Andreas Bocelli's Romanza gets me there every time. Music, so soothing.

Use olive oil, not canola. Take omega 3 or Krill oil. Move, exercise (10 minute walks sev x a day).

TakeVitamin D -- we're typically below normal (as we age our organs demand more). I take 10,000 mg 5 days a week and am within normal range but on the low side! Check what works best for you. Buy quality products, not the cheapest. I find Vitacost.com gives great value.

Vitamin C (1,000 w/bioflavinoids), E (400) x3, zinc 30, selenium (200).

Think colors of the rainbow. Eat a whole lot of veggies and fruits -- or take anti-oxidants to help your body fight off free radicals. Also eat protein (antibodies that fight off disease are actually made up of protein). Also protein has a lot of immune boosting nutrients.

Garlic and carrots and yams are especially good for you.

Watch sugar and fat intake! They hamper the ability of white blood cells to overpower and destroy bacteria.

Socialize, enjoy the company of people you love and like. Hug often. Laugh with exuberance throughout the day! Smile. Life is good. Be grateful for each day. Share your joy and serenity (from your enhanced immune system) with everyone you meet. Talk to strangers. (They carry message for me, and you for them...)

Echinacea w/astragalus 2x a day for 1 wk. Thymulus 2x a day for next wk. Then back again.

With love,
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote