Thread: Freedom
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
PatriceH

Freedom

Interesting that it took cancer to kick my life into gear. Not sure how much time I have, but at this moment I'm living like I'm cancer free; because really, who knows.

I posted a while back about fearing about looking for jobs with all the realted "what ifs". This week, I submitted a resume. I figured I'd handle the tough questions if and when they come; in the meantime, a door was put in front of me, so what's the harm in knocking?...

Attended two city council meetings to share my two cents on an issue; though noone stood beside me, I shared my opinion...embracing the freedom of a US Citizen to speak and be part of the process...

Called the doc today about a red spot that I hadn't seen before...He called me in to look at it...he says looks like a bruise...so we went ahead and conducted the OV that was scheduled yet two weeks away...I heard the good words - no more cancer.

Sure it might just be for today, but it's today...

It took this crappy disease to push me to live and strive for everything I want. I CAN have it all, I just have to ask, reach...tell fear and the what ifs to take a vacation because I'm not listening any more!
PatriceH is offline   Reply With Quote