Thread: IBC questions
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 09:17 AM   #7
vickie h

Hi Sarah,
I have been on the Taxtore/Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin/ Avastin in differing doses at different times for almost 3 years. I started with a new Onc in July 06 because the cancer was spreading across the lymph nodes in my chest and neck and paratreacheal areas. She is phenomenol and will only see women , with BC her specialty. I have IBC and after 3 months with her on a new regimine (I also don't qualify for Tykerb because of no AC chemo) Navelbine?herceptin I had a PET and CAT scan done last week. For the first time in 3 years (after being given a 2% chance of surviving 2 years or less) my scan came back completely clean. I know I have been blessed with a miracle from God, but I am convinced that he sent me to Dr. Linnea Chap in Santa Monica because my other Onc was going in a different direction completely. I would go to her site, one of which is Premeireoncology.com or google Linnea Chap and you can see what's there. She was voted on of the top 10 breast cancer doctors in America in a national magazine, Redbook. I wish your friend the best and will pray for her guidance and healing. Love, Vickie
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote