View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 08:11 AM   #28
evlin75

Re: My daughter, Susan.

Thank you. Finding it before it became invasive ductal would have been the important time....right in the beginning in 2003.
I have racked my brain for any solutions that might have worked, but realize we did everything on God's earth -to no avail.
Her oncologist accessed all the targeted drugs and they just did not work for her -either at all or any definite period of time.
The last couple years when she was dealing with the leptomeningeal diagnoses, the DR. should have been doing more frequent MRIs. Checking the brain and spinal fluids was not sufficient.
But the genetic testing showed so MANY mutations that the cancer had gone through .....and she had used most all the treatments available. Now any that could be reused were so very caustic and caused her so many side effects - and few available. Even if he had found the progression sooner.

Her genetic make up evidently caused the limitations as each individual reacts differently to the treatments available.
But.............a her2 diagnoses had a 2 year deadline some time back. From the April 2003 diagnoses to December 18, 2014 we had our Susan, but like I mentioned before the last weeks were not much quality time. Hopefully some day vaccinations will eliminate this disease.

Ev

Last edited by evlin75; 01-29-2015 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: wrong date
evlin75 is offline   Reply With Quote