View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #45
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Ann

I appreciate your comments. I too do not discuss politics or religion as these are HOT TOPICS. I see Spirituality as beyond any one religion. We are all human beings worthy of dignity and respect. Actually I see us all as spiritual beings on a human journey. We are all bonded, regardless of religion, creed, ethnicity, etc. I see us all as one. And surely all bc patients are Soul Sisters, knowing beyond any one else's ability to grasp what this scary journey is all about and how it demands our constant vigilance. So the passionate reactions and the radiant glowing Spiritual responses were surprising. I have been counselling friends of friends who are sent to me for over a decade. Never had I recvd such negativity.

I appreciate your recognition of my ordeal w/my mother. I now see how enormously more stressed I was than I admitted to while persevering through her struggle which became mine of course. Then came the bc and from my reading, I see a correlation to compromising my own imm sys, unintentionally, and becoming ripe for bc. Not that I need a reason for getting bc. Because I have so very many wonderful reasons that came from the bc. That is what I choose to focus on. My Spiritual path was ignited, the lessons and messages and Secrets of Universe have illuminated my life. As one lovely lady on this board said earlier (which I knew for sure if it was Mary Anne) -- "In the very blackness of the night a light so bright and warm covers me with blankets of love". That, in the end, is what I wish for every "being" dx with ca. We can become BITTER or we can become BETTER. The choice is ours. The difference of one little letter makes all the difference in the world.

Wishing you all a safe journey through this unique fight. May you come out more than you were before, with expanded awareness and deeper meaning in all of Life. Much love always... ANDI

I app
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote