View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 05:32 AM   #8
kristen

Dear Julie,

I applaud all these brave women before me who have posted. I was one of the people who had all the scans and I will tell you for a week prior and until you get the news, your okay, everything is clear, at least with me, I was a mess. I would wrap up in a cacoon type scenario and just pray everything would come out okay. I wanted the peace of mind that everything would be okay and it was. I did however have the brain MRI's which I am glad I got every 6 months. But as far as the rest, in hindsite, I don't know that I would do it again. This last time I went in for blood tests, I told them no, don't run the tumor markers. I felt better. My onc and the BRICG study I am to have a yearly mam and chest and that is good for me and every 6 months now I have blood work drawn.
So in answer to your question, there is +/- to both. You will have the peace of mind but getting there is a week of well for me, crazy and if not, you will learn to trust your body sooner and be at peace with yourself maybe? That is where I am at now, but it's been a long time coming. Good luck, it's each woman's individual quest to find what will work for her, and this was just my experience.
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote