View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 07:47 PM   #361
scrunchthecat

Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

I was diagnosed May 2015, Stage IV from the outset with a few small spots on my liver. I had a large (6cm) tumor on my right breast and a bunch of hot lymph nodes in my right arm. Started THP in June 2015, scans in August 2015 showed all cancer activity had resolved. Started H&P every 3 weeks in October 2015, just had tumor markers in February 2016 - all normal. Onc says no scans for 3-6 months. I feel pretty good, work full time (stressful right now), run first thing in the morning every day. I drink no alcohol the week of treatment, but I drink two glasses of red wine the two weeks between treatment!

I had lymphedema in my right arm as a symptom of breast cancer, and see a lymphedema PT every week. It is well controlled.

HER2+++, ERneg, PR < 5% (negative for all intents and purposes). I choose to believe that there are so many treatments for HER2+, and so many in the pipeline (including vaccines), that we can manage this as a chronic disease rather than a terminal one.
scrunchthecat is offline   Reply With Quote