View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 06:03 AM   #63
Cindi

Great idea, Al. Thanks for thinking of it.

I have had to wait for a bit to give my latest "status". My NED status lastest about 3 months (it was WONDERFUL!)

Right now I am on Cytoxan (pill form) and Xeloda for recurrence of skin mets. I take one week of Cytoxan, then one week with Xeloda and Cytoxan and then the third week just Xeloda. Then I start all over with Cytoxan. My Onc. is hoping to get the skin mets under control again.

I was 40 years old at dx. Stage 2A, one node pos, Her2+++, ER-PR-. Did ACT and 30 rads, then 1 year of Herceptin with trial. Completed in 11/03. Recurrence to ancillary lymphs in 5/04. Surgery to remove the 3 addl lymphs. Then 3 months of Navelbine and Herceptin. Skin Mets confirmed in October 2004. 10 weeks of daily Hyperthermia radiation and 1000mg of Xeloda for skin mets. Dec and Feb. 2005 Pet scans clear, NED. New rash appeared in late March and confirmed by biopsy. Another PET scan on 4/11/05 and luckily ca is in skin only (no lymphs or other organs).

Just started my new treatment plan last week. Hoping that like every chemo I try, this one will do the trick and get it in remission. If so, Onc is looking into Vaccine trial. First have to get to NED again.

Busy working and being a Mom of 3 teenage boys and of course, must remember, busy FIGHTING cancer - like many on this web site.

God Bless everyone at this site. So many of the women here have been my inspiration, so many times. Thank you all for the tremendous amount of information and wisdom that is shared.

Cindi.