View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #21
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: A simple formula for changing the future

Dearest Amanda,

I so admire you. You have been doing everything right. You've read books that inspire and elevate you. You are never bitter or angry or unforgiving; in fact you seem full of Love!

That you have always KNOWN you would get better thrills me. As you understand, what we KNOW, comes to be. For good or bad.

You've been determined, strong and brave. You've tried alternative approaches. Spiritual healers and metaphysical counselors have failed. Yet there are still others who might succeed I think. (I do know that Dr. Gaynor, my nutritional oncologist who I like to call my nut onc has taken women who have been given up on by all others, who have said the best place for them is hospice, and he has turned them around. The supplements are magic to me. His recipes are remarkable. I also understand NYC may not be feasible for you, nor the costs involved, though saving your life is a priceless thing, not only for you, but for you loved ones, your darling son...)

YOU'VE SWUM OCEAN RACES?!!!!!!! YOU ARE CLEARLY ONE AMAZING SUPER SPECIAL SUPER MIRACLE IN THE MAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your post's words about what the doctor said covered me in goose bumps. I stroked my arm with my other hand, so deeply touched by such foul utterings. I've heard this before. Not personally, but beloved friends have been told this. One actually said, the doc put his forehead down on his desk as he delivered the news.

I absolutely love that you do believe thoughts have an impact and that you will not give up your KNOWING until your dying breath. I thoroughly concur. I could never let go of my Knowings.

But, I, we all, want more than a wonderful 41 years for you. It is so not enough!

Richard Bloch (of H & R Bloch) had 4th stage lung cancer, many yrs ago, when everyone was dead within 1 yr w/lung ca. His doctors told him to get his affairs in order. There was nothing more they could do for him.

Dick opted out. He simply refused to give up. He sought more docs. He went on yet another chemo regimen. In his words, he used his stubborn tenacity and will to live, along with the love of his wife and for his wife -- to struggle on ANYWAY.
Dick consciously chose to alter his destiny. With LOVE, with a determined mind. I recall reading his words, IF ONE PERSON HAS SURVIVED THE TYPE OF CANCER YOU HAVE -- SO CAN YOU! I held on to that as I fought my battles. His words just resonated with me on the deepest of levels.

His words helped strengthen my resolve remarkably!

Dick lived another 26 years!

He and his wife Annette wrote CANCER...THERE'S HOPE. There is a tollfree # that I called (at someone's suggestion 100 years ago) where I received a copy of this book for free.

I just called that # in your behalf, Amanda, to be certain this was still a possibility. Richard Bloch. I was told that in fact Dick wrote 3 books. They are sending me all 3 today. And if you will email me your address -- I will send them on to you, full of hope and promise, prayers and hugs, and much much love... AndiBB@aol.com

There's a site -- www.blochcancer.org

This is Dick's legacy. Long beyond his passing on to the spiritual realm, he is reaching out to you, and all like you, like him.

I AM NOT GIVING UP ON YOU, AMANDA. I WOULD NEVER. YOU OF ALL PEOPLE, SO FULL OF BELIEF AND LOVE AND RESOLVE AND REASONS TO SURVIVE AND THRIVE ARE THE PERFECT CANDIDATE FOR TURNING THINGS AROUND, EVEN NOW!

I BELIEVE IN YOU. WITH ALL MY HEART.

Please, please keep us all posted on YOU. We are all holding you up and we won't let go!

LOVE,

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote