View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #28
alicem

Re: ~Mighty Oak Has Earned His Wings And Halo...

Marie,

The world feels different to me this morning . . . just like it did when I lost my mom and then my dad. Everyone around me is going through their routine at work, school or home. But for me - this will be a day of mourning and a day of reflection. You and your wonderful Ed have touched me in ways you will never know. I have gained strength through your courage & I have gained knowledge through your wisdom.

Do you realize what you have done by sharing his story with us on this board? Your Mighty Oak has planted acorns in all of us. All across the U.S. and indeed the world, we have the seed of his memory planted deep within us and we will not let it go. I thank you for that, you have given us such a great gift.

Take care of yourself as you travel down this road not wanted. Some days will be rough and some will be better. You will see that time will be a gift, but it does take "time". You know we love you, you know I LOVE YOU. The mom in me wants to take away your hurt because I know it runs very deep - because you love Ed so deeply. But I can't. You have been brave for so long, but remember it is okay to not be brave for awhile.

You are in my prayers, as you have been since we spoke this summer. Finally, remember that even though it might feel like it - you are NOT alone.

With deepest sympathy,

Alice Larson Mueller
10/15/08 - Hysterectomy & Oophorectomy, Lumpectomy: Cyst on uterus, not ovary - all was benign. Breast - 5 of 6 bad margins. 2 Sentinel Lymph nodes removed, both negative. Stage 0, Tis, N0
12/11/08 - Mastectomy & DIEP reconstruction: Surprise! 2 cm Invasive DC, grade 2 found. One benign internal mammary lymph node. Stage 1, T1c, N0, all clean margins. ER+ (Proportion Score = 2/5, Intensity Score = 2/3) and PR+(Proportion Score = 3/5, Intensity Score = 2/3)
HER2 score = 3+
1/09/09 - Oncotype DX: Recurrence S/core of 60 !?!?! ER status is NEG!! PR staus is NEG! HER2 score = 12.2 (still positive, greater than 11.5 is positive).
1/20/09 - Started chemo: TCH
5/26/09 - FINISHED CHEMO!
1/05/10 - FINISHED HERCEPTIN!
1/22/10 - Port-a-catheter removed!
3/07/18 - Still NED
9/10/23 - Still NED
alicem is offline   Reply With Quote