View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
Jean

Re: Feeling low post treatment

Hi Emma,
Jackie gave you great advise (walking) is a sure way to help yourself on so many levels. I have found when walking it is hard to dwell on anything. It helps clear out the mind to enjoy the fresh air and what is around you. Also the benefits of exercise creates chemical changes that actually lift our emotions called endorphins. It is normal to feel what I call a bit of separation anxiety. Herceptin becomes very much like a life line to us.
We all have felt the concern of stopping the treatment as now we face the realty of being done with our treatment. Be kind and patient with yourself you have gone through much. Also consider the following facts: 1. You are dx. as an early stage Her2. and with the current treatment along with the new stats are impressive for us her2 gals. Life does continue after treatment just look at our site of the many early stage members who are doing great and you will also. Emma if you continue to feel
depressed then you must address that also. Part of the worry is normal but constant depression is not. Do see a professional to help you get past the difficult feelings you are having. The bright side of breast cancer (gosh never thought I would say that) is that we have advanced with herceptin treatment and women are being dx. earlier and earlier. Please reach out if you feel blue we are all here to support you.
Best Wishes,
Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo