View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #22
'lizbeth

Re: What is measurement date for 5 yr mark?

ThinkPositive,

So sorry that your thread was hijacked. Thanks for the wonderful walk and talk today. It was a great pleasure to meet you. I look forward to many more hikes and discussions. I'll let you know my next time I can make it!

Tricia, I don't know why you would make the assumption that I did not know Christine or Joe. We lived in the same area, and so of course I have met and spent time with them. I don't really think this is about Joe or Christine and their wishes. It is more about you and Sassy and your wishes.

Those stats that I shared were the ones that existed in 2005 and that Herceptin was approved on. The information that your oncologist gave could have been prior to ACT perhaps? I think it is important for senior members to give accurate information. I don't believe we should post what we perceive to be true, we should do our best to double check the information and source it. I hold you more accountable then most because you are also a moderator for Her2 on Susan G. Komen.

You feel my "attitude" deters people from posting. The truth is that they stop posting when other senior members start criticizing my posts and message or email me directly. When I take a break from posting I start getting messages from others, including many newbies to keep posting.

Joe and Christine started this board to bring together those that were dealing with a Her2 breast cancer diagnosis. Many of the same issues exist, progression, recurrence. Yes - Herceptin was the beginning of a cure for Her2 breast cancer. There is just so much more to be accomplished.

Yes I did come down on you for the posting about a 1 year prognosis for early stage. You should have sourced this comment to your oncologist. I don't think it is fair to new members of the board to think that before Herceptin they would have lived only 1 year.

Tricia I would prefer it we all could post together in harmony on the board. We should all share the same goal, to support those who have been diagnosed with breast cancer and to share information.