View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 07:37 AM   #42
Carolyns

Debbie,

You made specific statements that I found to be untrue in my experience. I responded to that and below is one of the comments from your post:

"The article that started this thread was about tumor markers after primary disease, and so replies from those with mets are irrelevant. Interesting, but irrelevant. And did you notice that the article did not address benefit from finding mets sooner with tumor markers - it simply said that it was possible to do so. Duh. But why would we want to do that, if there's no benefit in it?"

No benefit? I am not in a wheel chair. I consider that a BIG benefit. Will I live longer (?) - well upright anyway. Markers are not for everyone but they worked for me.

I think that I could have considered your comment above to mean that my reply / experience was irrelevant as a mets girl. I think anytime you state that others comments are irrelevant you will get some push back...I hope so anyway. I guess I could have done that or even considered it to be unfriendly or insensitive. I didn't because I try not to judge. I can not interpret your intention just state my experience...no judgement on my side.

That is my personal story...stage I to stage IV with TMs as a part of the puzzle.

Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote