View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 09:34 AM   #13
Audrey

((((Michele)))) So sorry to read your latest post. You deserve to be cherished after all you've been through! You know you're a great mom, I don't know how he can say that to you. I do think some spouses can't handle the cancer diagnosis and they turn away in fear and kind of harden their hearts so that it won't hurt so much if they lose you. Maybe that's what's happening to your husband. But you've been NED for 3 years now, you would think that would reassure him that you're going to be around for a while! Please don't give up riding your horses and doing what makes you happy! I completely understand the disappointment in not even getting a card. It seems like he just wasn't raised that way and didn't learn to make a fuss over you on special occasions. Maybe he's the kind of guy who shows his love for you by filling up your gas tank and making sure your brakes work, etc., instead of sending roses? Did you ever show him that lovely post from AL from Canada about cherishing your spouse? (Why can't they all be as understanding/compassionate as Al?!)
Wish I could be more helpful--you know I'm here for you--We ALL are!
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote