Thread: Xyloda
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #7
Angela R

Re: Xyloda

I am on Xeloda and have managable side effects. Tiredness is the main one. My hands have been ok but me feet got sore towards the end of the 3rd dose (I had 6 doses of 2 weeks on 1 week off then a break). They got very hot and red and the skin came off like with blisters but I moisturised a few times a day and the skin never cracked, just peeled. The best moisturiser was MooGoo (Australian I think) but it had milk protein in it so restores skin elasticity. I tried others a few times but the skin felt tight after a couple of hours. Good news is that the symptoms began disappearing as soon as I stopped taking the tablets. Feet stopped hurting the next day and tiredness faded gradually. I had a break of 6 weeks and was back to my old self within a week or so. This time around I'm taking Vitamin B6 with each dose as I heard from another site that it helped with the feet and hands. I'm only midway through dose 2 so far and the symptoms are cumulative so I'll let you know how it goes. September scans were NED but I'm due for more soon. Cheers
Angela

Feb 2009
R Lumpectomy 2 x 2cm grade 3 removed, R Axil 16/18 nodes +ve
4 FEC, 4 Taxotere, 30 radn, 12 mths Herceptin
April 2011
Recurrence 9mm, R Mastectomy, L Axil 21/21 nodes +ve
Now on Xeloda
Angela R is offline   Reply With Quote