View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
PatE

Re: Another update on triciaK

Hi Trica,
You are such an inspiration to me, I just want you to know that I am praying for you.
As far as suggestions I can only offer what has worked for me. I was diagnosed Oct 07 but unfortunately a pet scan was not done before I had a double mastectomy and tram reconstruction in Jan 08.
My first pet scan showed a lesion on my liver, my onc wanted me to do a resection but I was scared of another surgery. I looked for other options and found Cyberknife. I had three treatments in August 08 and my liver has been clear ever since. I have read that Cyberknife can be very effective with lung mets too but of course you need to be evaluated by a Rad Onc who is treating patients with CK. Its very important to see a Rad Onc that currently treats with CK because others are not motivated to recommend something they do not profit from.
Anyway I used CK again in April 10 with a pesky spine met (L2) and that area is also resolved according to my last Pet. The wonderful thing about CK is there are minimal side effects. Please search CK, http://www.cksociety.org/
Please keep us updated, I know you will find something that works.
PatE is offline   Reply With Quote