View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
linn65

Asked why I am stage IV again - clearing up??

I had my every 3 week herceptin/projeta treatment today, but I always see the doctor first before treatment.

I asked these questions :

Why am I stage IV and not stage 111C:

1. Tumor size on Supraclavical node was over 2 CM - biopsy was her+++. ER 55% and on tamoxifen for around 2 years - so it was working.

2. Found reoccurance after all my treatment after 1 year without any treatment. Tch, radiation , And herceptin for a year.

3. 3 spots in my axillary nodes which were deep. Which I thought they took those out....I don't know if all those are called that under your arm or not. They took out 8 and 6 add cancer.

I asked other questions about vitamins I take and have for 8 months now. She said Omega 3 with fish oil, calcium with vitamin D, and multi vitamin she said would recommend to always take. The others only if it helps like glucosamine and pro biotics.

They can't do a cancer marker on me now because I never had one done in the beginning for a baseline so it would now be a random number.

They haven't done any bloodwork on me since August...I don't know if that's normal or not.

My Side effects are; bloody noses and occasional sores in my nose, sometimes runny eyes and nose, diarrhea or now constipation if I have a BM which before I went everyday but now I can go 3 days.....and a constant my feet and hands hurt quite a bit and it seems both are always cold and that's the worst side effect.

And I asked if I could do infusions 6 times in 12 months and she said only if I can go several years with stable or Ned which mean the same she said.

Just wondering anyone else's thoughts on all of this. .
7/20/12 biopsy done. ER+ 30 PR -, HER+++,k167 80% Grade 2
9/2012 biopsy on lymph node - showed malignant

9/2012 Pre-adjunctive TCH chemo.

12/6/12 MRI after Pre-adj.
Results: Modest Decrease in size of left breast malignancy As well as the associated satellite lesions and auxiliary Adenopathy compared to prior study. Doctors hoped for better but good response it didn't grow.

12/18/2012 left masectomy with axillary nodes
Size 3.2 CM, Nottingham score 9/9
Grade 3, no evidence of in situ carcinoma
Areas of angiolymphatic are identified
Carcinoma is 0.5 cm from inked deep
Margin of excision
Attached axillary lymph nodes: metastatic
Carcinoma in 6 of 8 nodes.
Size of largest node 1.5 cm
Extracapsular
ER + 73%, PR+2%, HER2+

2/27/13 6 weeks of IMRT radiation finished

2/2013 Started on Tamoxifan 5 years.

8/2013 will take last Herceptin, 17 treatments total every 3 weeks.

BRCA1 & BRAC2 - Negative

August 28, 2013 DIEP flap on the left breast.
February 2014 Nip & Tuck
March 14, 2014 nipple reconstruction and removed port.
August 14, 2014 lump in lymph nodes under arm and above clavicle. Stage IV
August 28, 2014 herceptin And projeta starting and port put back in.

3/18/15 stopped arimidex.
3/18/15 progression....Tdm1
linn65 is offline   Reply With Quote