View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #11
Laurel

Re: More than 5 years on Femera Ontario ladies?

I would appreciate the link, Karen, and thank you for the good wishes. I continue to be surprised by my steady improving QOL since discontinuing Femara. I had no idea my pain and stiffness were caused by the A.I. To hop out of bed without hobbling is still a novelty for me. I find myself rejoicing in seemingly small things to the unenlightened but a huge cause for celebration to those of us who have been crippled by these drugs. Off the top of my head I can cite a few examples where I have had cause to stop and literally breathe a prayer of gratitude for being able to do these mundane activities without pain. For instance, I sat on the floor and wrapped presents getting up and down without a single repressed groan! The other day I dropped a package of blueberries on the floor and they rolled everywhere. My husband came around the corner to find me crawling around on my hands and knees collecting the wayward little blue rascals (they were ORGANIC blueberries hence the motivation to round them up! $$$$$). We both laughed when I said, "look at me. I'm on my knees!" To which he replied, "without crying?" For the record, I never cried by obviously I must have moan and groaned a bit (ok, quite a bit?). I am so grateful to be able to move about normally again!!!!!

As for the Tamoxifen I find it easy to tolerate. No adverse symptoms to report at present and I sure hope it stays that way. My onc. seems to feel 3 years on an A.I. is a goal to try to achieve, but that longer is questionable when further efficacy is balanced against QOL. She felt the additional 2 years were not worth the suffering and that most of the benefit with an A.I. is with 3 years. Hope she is correct!

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote