View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 02:21 AM   #25
VDC

Re: I think I'm in trouble!

Just a quick update. I've been MIA since February. I had the HLA-A2 blood typing done and the results came back the end of February, I was positive meaning I qualified for the trial out of Texas. It was scheduled to begin March 1st but IRB approval kept getting delayed. Every two weeks or so, I was told that it would be about two weeks! Finally the lead investigator sent one of my emails to the IRB board members! One responded with "two weeks." Actually made me chuckle. .....that was two weeks ago! So, I have now waited three months to join this trial.......... shesh.

I have an appointment scheduled at Mayo for May 9th. I fly out on May 8th.....I didn't realize that May 8th was Mother's day when I made the airline reservations. What a way to spend Mother's day!

I will admit that I'm a little nervous. It will have been three months since my last evaluation at Mayo. At that time there was no change evident from the November evaluations. (six months with no change.) But here I am three months later and who knows?

Unfortunately I'm making the trip alone this time. It is the middle of farming season so my husband can't go with me. I'm a little bummed. Okay, I'll admit it, I'm melancholy.

Sure hope we don't find any progression......
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote