View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #14
patz64

Re: Heart function decresed

To Jenny and Denise,
Good luck with the heart issues. Today I had my 5th dose of herceptin. (It was my first time without the other chemo drugs, so I am making some progress!). Thursday I have an echo. I'm hoping it will be ok. I have been having a little bit of tightness in my chest also, but am hoping maybe it's just anxiety. And tomorrow my regular doctor wants to see me about my high blood sugar. It came back as 265 on my last blood test...I think it just went high from all the steroids I was taking with the chemo. But I'm glad he is on top of things and wants to check me out, since the cardiologist never even mentioned it. And I know what you mean about feeling bad about feeling bad, when there are so many other people who are dealing with much worse! I got upset last week when almost all of my eyelashes came out! I'm used to having no hair, but no eyelashes too! This stinks...and yet, really, it's just eyelashes!!!!!
However, going on a date with a wig and false lashes (not to mention uneven breasts with no nipples!) creates some challenges! LOL!
I think everyone on this site really is strong! The things we go through!
Good luck!
Pat
5/2011-stereotactic biopsy: stage 0 carcinoma L. breast again, estrogen/progesterone negative. Nobody used the words Her2+ yet.
8/18/2011-travelled to Texas (I live in NJ) for bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction with DIEP flap. 3 days later, left breast turned blue...had emergency surgery to unclog vessel and try to save the flap. 24 hours after that, had another emergency surgery... took a vein from my left arm and re-routed it to the breast. Saved the breast flap but went into congestive heart failure because of all the IV fluids. Spent 10 days in ICU...8 days on a ventilator. Traumatic experience!!! Then was told it was actually Stage 2, Her2+, and I would need chemo.
Now back in NJ.
10/11/11-port was placed
chemo starting in about 2 weeks
patz64 is offline   Reply With Quote