View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 01:22 PM   #12
tricia keegan

Re: October breast awareness-LA Times

MCS,

I applaud you taking the time and effort to object to something you feel strongly about, however, I may be in the minority here, but I believe her2 cancer is getting more of it's fair share of research and media attention.

While one time it would have been a death sentence to know one was her2+, I think this is not the case now, and has become the opposite ,and although I am also hormone pos, I don't equate that to my her2 survival at all but feel we have herceptin to thank for this.
I once read the term here that we now have what is "The sexy cancer" as huge amounts of funds and trials are going into her2 and I agree.
To answer Catherine, I also am thankful for any new research of course Catherine, and while I don't expect to live forever, I do expect many more years of survivorship ahead thanks to the aggressive treatment and herceptin I had as early stage!

Just my own opinion of course, in any group of bc patients my sympathies lie more with those triple neg ladies, although the PARP trials are helping these people really do only have chemo to rely on for now.

I think we are fortunate and I'm thankful for all those brave women who participated in the early herceptin trials to make it possible for me to have had it when dx
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!

Last edited by tricia keegan; 10-31-2010 at 01:24 PM..
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote