View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
mamacze

Re: Mamace (Kim) how are you?

Hey StephN - I am so darn glad to see you are still active on the boards - it seems like yesterday we were clinking wine glasses in Seattle! I am thrilled beyond belief that you are in the TVG vaccine trial. Please send along my fondest regards to Doreen, Dr. Salazar and Dr. Disis - warrior angels all.
Ellie - You have been on Herceptin for 4 years...ugh! Yes the side effects do accumulate - I think after 4 years I started getting canker sores in my mouth from it - then of course the sore joints, etc, but minor when you consider the alternative, right? I agree that there is a small subset of women who do not experience Herceptin resistance - I am not sure if I am in that group yet; but I will know more in August. An afterthought - keep up with your cardio, as you don't want a declining heart function to impede your eligibility for future treatments T DM1 or other clinical trials., right?
Michka - Stupid tumor is right - please tell me that you are NED now on TDM 1
And Sarah, thank you for chirping! Your puppy is adorable!!! In August, if my tumor grows, yes they will add to the Herceptin- how are YOU doing?
Wow this is almost as good as a girl's night out - all we are missing is a table and a few bottles of wine. It just warms my heart to see you all here and doing well.
xoxo
Kim (from CT)

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote