View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
gdpawel

Re: Cancer secret to success?! Finding your match!

'lizbeth

I've been involved with internet cancer research for 17 years now. I don't know if anyone here remembers the CompuServe Cancer Forum when the internet was in its infancy. CompuServe users involved many professionals including medical oncologists who were fascinated with this new tool for sharing ideas. It was there that you made many contacts with leading oncologists from around the country and learned a great deal regarding new developments in the treatment of cancer.

Six years ago, one of the main owners of the cancerfocus.org cancer information website asked me if I would be willing to moderate the site. He really like the contribution I was making on it. I consented. This is the only website that I have done this for. The main owner, Duncan Ross, has spent the last 8 years obtaining his Ph.D. in Immunology, with a few papers published in biochemistry. Now that he has officially received his Ph.D. and at his mentor's suggestion, he is focusing on fundraising for cancer research.

His goal is to fund grant opportunities for academic labs conducting cancer research such as the ones at the University of Miami as well as further developing the cancerfocus.org website he began in 2006 to help direct cancer sufferers to clinical trials.

He developed a foundation called the Kimera Society, which focuses on cancer and regenerative therapies for disease. Seventy-five percent of the funds raised go to academic institutions. It will also help him build a tumor library and continue producing the types of experiments (expensive ones) that ultimately make large strides in our understanding of cancer.

In regards to CMA, Palmetto, GBA and Medicare reimbursement for assays (any assays).

http://cancerfocus.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3139
http://cancerfocus.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3442
gdpawel is offline   Reply With Quote