View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #11
Lien

Re: I might be in trouble.

Hi Ishy,

Ive been told it is quite commong to get pain in the ribs after rads. I had it too, and it came and went for a few years. It scared the living daylights out of me the first time, but then it went away and didn't return until a year or so later. I could also feel some swelling that moved a little when it palpated it.

Here in the Netherlands we don't do tumor markers unless patients are stage 4 and in active treatment. They are notoriously unreliable, although for some they seem to indicate disease progression before the mets show up on any kind of imaging technique.

It is ofcourse possible that these are bone mets, but it is highly unlikely. So try not to panic just yet. (I know how hard that is).

You have done all the right things to avoid a recurrence and I know many women who had your kind of path report, who are over 10 year out from diagnosis and doing fine.

So breathe in, breathe out and get it checked to be on the safe side, but don't get too worried.

Hugs

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote