View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:11 AM   #13
sarah

Re: Just feeling so angry

Hi Chekmark,
Talk to your doctor about going on an anti-depresant for a short while. I went through a similar emotional state after finishing chemo but still doing Herceptin and a friend told me I was suffering from depression! me, I said, I don't get depressed but she was right, my emotions were out of whack. I went on anti-depresants for a while and it calmed me down, I regained my emotional life and then stopped the drug and was fine. I was very afraid about going on them having heard that people who took prosac had to take it for life, could never stop so I talked to my chemo doc about that and the fact that I didn't want to take anything I'd have to take forever and she put me on a drug that I started taking 1/2 a pill, then a pill and when I stopped, I took 1/2 then 1/4 then nothing and never had a problem. I was also on Femara at the time and as others have suggested it may have been the estrogen suppression that did it.
good luck and realize a lot of us have gone through the same emotions and eventually your get your life back.
hugs and love
sarah