View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
fullofbeans

greed and desperation a match made in heaven

A lovely friend of mine has already bought me some Oleuropein to bring me back and is asking if I think she should get more from where she is on holiday at the moment because she was told it is very powerful blah blah blah backed up by research..

What do you think of the article below?

H2RC corporation has done the research..maybe I have become a cynical but I smell a rat.

Is it just me or are you also fed up that on one hand have regulations/big pharma that make it impossible to get things that may help you before another 10 years of trial and funding many of the small biotech cannot afford..and on the other hand, greedy people who manage to publish fake results without fear of being caught..

Oleuropein, a non-toxic olive iridoid, is an anti-tumor agent and cytoskeleton disruptor.
Hamdi HK, Castellon R.
Source
H2RC Corporation, 1920 E. Katella Avenue, Suite U, Orange, CA 92867, USA. hkhamdi@gmail.com
Abstract
Oleuropein, a non-toxic secoiridoid derived from the olive tree, is a powerful antioxidant and anti-angiogenic agent. Here, we show it to be a potent anti-cancer compound, directly disrupting actin filaments in cells and in a cell-free assay. Oleuropein inhibited the proliferation and migration of advanced-grade tumor cell lines in a dose-responsive manner. In a novel tube-disruption assay, Oleuropein irreversibly rounded cancer cells, preventing their replication, motility, and invasiveness; these effects were reversible in normal cells. When administered orally to mice that developed spontaneous tumors, Oleuropein completely regressed tumors in 9-12 days. When tumors were resected prior to complete regression, they lacked cohesiveness and had a crumbly consistency. No viable cells could be recovered from these tumors. These observations elevate Oleuropein from a non-toxic antioxidant into a potent anti-tumor agent with direct effects against tumor cells. Our data may also explain the cancer-protective effects of the olive-rich Mediterranean diet.

35 y/o
June 06: BC stage I
Grade 3; ER/PR neg
Her-2+++; lumpectomies

Aug 06: Stage IV
liver mets: 6 tumours
July 06 to Jan 07: 2*FEC+6*Taxotere; 3*TACE; LITT
March 07- Sept 07: Vaccination trial (phase 2, peptide based) at the UW (Seattle).
Herceptin since 2006
NED til Oct 09
Recurrence Oct 2009: to internal mammary gland since October 2009 missed on Oct and March 2010 scan.. palpable nodes in May 2010 when I realised..
Nov 2011:7 mets to lungs progressing fast failed hercp/tykerb/xeloda combo..

superior vena cava blocked: stent but face remains puffy

April 2012: Teresa Trial, randomised to TDM1
Nov 2012 progressing on TDM1
Dec 2012 blockage of my airways by tumours, obliteration of these blocking tumours breathing better but hoping for more- at mo too many tumours to count in the lungs and nodes.

Dec 2012 Starting new trial S-222611 phase 1b dual egfr her2+ inhibitor.

'Under no circumstances should you lose hope..' Dalai Lama

Last edited by fullofbeans; 06-28-2011 at 01:11 PM..
fullofbeans is offline   Reply With Quote