View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
Laurel

Re: New to this site: My story

Hi, JJ!

Welcome to the site! I am triple positive like you (Er,Pr,Her2 +). Your story is tough to hear because of the doubt it raises regarding the possibility that your initial mass was missed and grew over time. I do know that a Her2 positive mass can grow VERY quickly, perhaps this is simply a new growth.

Now I think it is important to adopt a "it is what it is" attitude. Dwelling on whether your doctors failed you will not be helpful. Fortunately with the advent of Herceptin and other monoclonal therapies for Her2 positive cancers you can wrangle that monster in and keep it under wraps--no guarantees, but the longer you remain without a recurrence the better your chances. For we triple positives the chance of a late recurrence exists just as it does for any hormone positive breast cancer. That said, with time you will begin to live fully again once all the treatment has ended and will think less and less about cancer.

Stick around and join in the discussions. We hold one another up and understand what you are feeling better than those who have not walked in your shoes. I hope you had a good holiday (if you are in the States).

Laurel

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote