View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 02:34 AM   #6
RhondaH

Michele...

so sorry to hear of your troubles. I have never been married (chose NOT to marry Tony's father, though he still wants too, as I never felt it was "right" was, "blinded by love" a few times, but in hindsight I made the best decisions...especially for Tony). My parents were married for 35 years and my father was "verbally" abusive also (was so bad that when my dad was at the airport working on his planes, mom and I would sit in the living room and visit, but as soon as he pulled in, we would retreat to our bedrooms just so as to not "hear it"). The year before my dad retired, my mom left him the day after Christmas (had told me beforehand) and my dad called me TOTALLY shocked (I guess he figured he could treat her like dirt forever). She decided that she was NOT going to spend the rest of her life in misery ESPECIALLY with him retiring and being around all the time. She is SO much happier and the ONLY question people asked her AFTER was, why did she wait so long. Sweetie, you need to do what's best for you and your family. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote