View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #17
Lien

Re: Libido is lousy and ...

I had similar problems while on Zoladex and Arimidex. I used coconot oil sometimes, but like Debbie writes, it's not just lubrication but also the thinness of the tissue that causes pain. I have a friend who uses Replens, which seems to help her a great deal. I haven't tried it yet, because I'm very allergic to heaps of stuff.

I found that alternative "gymnastics" were the answer for us. There are many ways of being intimate and we developed a nice little pain-free routine. It can actually be fun to invent new ways of doing it. Every time I remember that I used to enjoy having sex, and get going, I find that it's just as pleasant as it used to be. I just don't have the libido I used to have. So I try to make it into part of my routine (wash hair, cut nails, take a long bath, have sex, make shopping list) that kind of thing.

I wonder if it would have been the same if I'd gone through menopause naturally.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote