View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 12:10 PM   #8
donocco

Re: Right to Try Laws

I tried to look up on the internet what was going on in the State of Washington and Right to try and Andy Hill. I found nothing. Its sad but I think they are starting to censor the internet.

I first realized this when I tried to get info on a drug called Movantik. This drug blocks opiate receptors in the intestine and is approved to treat Opiate induced constipation. One tiny little glitch. The FDA approval reads Movantik is approved for non cancer opiate induced constipation. In other words if the opiate induced constipation is in a cancer patient on say Morphine SR the insurance companies wont pay for the drug. To use Movantik in a cancer patient would be called "experimental" that favorite insurance catchword. Supposedly Movantik is being used in cancer patients in Europe.
I tried to find info on this. Once again-nothing on the internet. All the internet articles say the same thing- Movantik is FDA approved to treat non cancer induced opiate constipation- no argument no debate. You may as well make soap a drug and FDA approve it for non cancer uncleanliness.

They always say "Follow the money." Who makes money on actual Clinical trials with placebo etc. This could be why Andy Hill is opposed to right to try laws. Please forgive any misspellings.

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote