View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 10:20 PM   #4
Lolly

Dear Michelle,

Yet another common thread; today is our anniversary too, 32 years for us. Believe me, there have been some challenging times, in fact some very rocky times when I wasn't sure our marriage would survive. I'm sad for you that the "cancer thing" has seemingly brought out a side of your husband that seems cold and unloving. But you know you must continue to take care of yourself first, even if it causes bad feelings between you. Maybe counseling would help him understand that his attitude is causing you unnecessary pain, and he can learn to express his expectations in a more positive way. Please try to convince him to do this for the sake of your marriage, as I really believe that if you've been together 20 years, there's 20 years of love worth fighting for. Hang in there, but it's time for some Heart to Heart talking.

<3 Lolly

P.S. My husband was picked up for drinking and disorderly conduct when he was 15, and when they called his mom to come get him from the police station she was so furious she just told them to "Keep him!" They did talk her into letting him come home, and he learned a valuable lesson: don't get caught

Last edited by Lolly; 08-29-2006 at 10:24 PM..
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote