View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 12:41 AM   #9
Vicki revised

Re: Stopping Working

I retired a few months ago, as soon as I was eligible and for a workaholic the 1st month was a big adjustment but I wanted to be able to put my health at the top of my list of priorities which wasn't possible while working, even though I telecommuted most of the time.

Now I am thankful that I don't have anyone scheduling my time, how my day goes doesn't depend on someone else's agenda or bad mood, and my stress is MY stress, not caused by work.

I love to garden, decorate and do crafts and have enjoyed that a great deal.

We've gotten lots of stuff done/fixed around the house that require someone being home when the worker's are here.

I will be volunteering at the library during the summer reading to children and also at my parrish's vacation bible school.

I've always wanted to learn how to take decent pix, where everyones heads are in the pic and a friend of mine has offered to help me learn to shoot and what can be done with pics with software.

Our local ACS and reach for recovery group have weekly painting classes for those of us still fighting and survivors.

Last, but not least, I am working on scrapbooks for both sons that I've wanted to do for years and kept buying the stuff, but never got around to it.

Yes, there are days I'm down and don't feel like doing anything or being around anyone. I allow myself one of those a month--stay in bed, read, snuggle with my cats, and plan what I'm going to do tomorrow. But by the same token, I want to enjoy and live each day as fully as I'm able to, while I'm able to.

3/11: DX: IDC, HER2++, ER/PR neg, stage 4, mets to liver. Primary tumor: grade 3; 11 cm. 2nd smaller tumor: ~2.5cm. Multiple affected nodes, 1 spot on liver. 6 rounds TCH prior to bmx.
7/11: Nothing left except Primary breast tumor now 1.5cm.
8/11: BMX, 17/17 nodes clear. No post-op chemo or radiation indicated. NED!
10/11: NED! Continue Herceptin indef.
2/12: Reoccurence of liver mets; both lobes. Tykerb added to Herceptin.
5/12: Progression of liver mets. Stop Tykerb, start Abraxane & Herceptin weekly.
8/12: Progression in liver and lymph nodes around liver and right kidney. Herceptin not working anymore! Stop Abraxane and Herceptin. Start Tykerb and Xeloda.
10/12: Severe side effects. 3 weeks break from everything.
12/12: It's working! All tumors gone except 2 (from 20+) Continue Tykerb and Xeloda. Brain and spine MRIs clear.
Vicki revised is offline   Reply With Quote