View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
bevilj

Re: Stopping Working

Sorry to read that you are not feeling well enough to continue working. And lucky you to have full pay for a year so that you don't have to worry about income.

I hear you loud and clear on losing motivation if you don't have something to do on a regular basis. As I type this, I am sitting on my couch, in my PJs, taking a break from my part-time job (which I do from home). I find when I have more unscheduled time, I am less productive than when I am overscheduled. Funny how that works.

Do you have friends close by that are also home during the day? If so, maybe you can get together a group for a daily walk, at a scheduled time (assuming you feel well enough to do this). I find that when I get out for a walk with friends I have more energy than when I sit home and just work or lay low. You could sign up for a fundraising walk to help give you the motivation to get out there also. There were some other great ideas suggested (web site, driving patients to treatment, etc.) but really I think it's up to you. Think about what makes you happy, projects you have been putting off for another day, or things you have always wanted to do and go for it!

All my best ~ Jen
10/09 - Started Taxotere, Carboplatin, Herceptin, Zometa. Hospitalized with Tetany.
1/10 - Finished Taxotere, Carbo, continued Herceptin, Zometa. PET/CT - improvement.
2-3/10 - Rads (25 rounds).
8/10 – inflammation vs. malignancy?
1/11 – progression. started Xeloda.
9/11 – progression. pancreatitis or tumor? Chest ‘rash’ appeared.
10/11 – confirmed pancreatitis. Halted Xeloda.
11/11 – skin mets confirmed.
12/11 - started Tykerb, back on Xeloda.
1/12 – cut Xeloda dose in ½. skin mets fading!
4/12 - no more Xeloda. skin mets resolved.
8/12 - brain mets found.
9/12 - gamma knife and fractionated brain radiation.
1/13 - progression throughout body. brain mets shrunk/resolved. no more Tykerb.
2/13 - starting T-DM1 trial.
bevilj is offline   Reply With Quote