View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
bevilj

Re: eloda and tykerb optimum dosage

Hi Amanda,

Sorry you are experiencing side effects with the Xeloda/Tykerb combo. I had a horrible time when I first started as well.

I take 5 Tykerb pills every morning when I wake up (found this works better for me than taking them at night). I was taking 2 Xeloda in the AM and 2 more at night (2 weeks on, 1 off). The combo of the pills was too harsh for me - fatigue, GI issues, hand/foot, depression, etc - so we changed to 1 pill in the AM and 1 at night. A few weeks ago I appealed to my onc and have cut out the Xeloda completely (I had been on Xeloda for a year before adding in the Tykerb). The Tykerb (still 5 pills/day) seems to be working great on it's own still. Now that my dosage has changed, I feel like a whole new person.

I hope you fid the optimal dosage for you - I think everyone is different.

All my best, Jen
10/09 - Started Taxotere, Carboplatin, Herceptin, Zometa. Hospitalized with Tetany.
1/10 - Finished Taxotere, Carbo, continued Herceptin, Zometa. PET/CT - improvement.
2-3/10 - Rads (25 rounds).
8/10 – inflammation vs. malignancy?
1/11 – progression. started Xeloda.
9/11 – progression. pancreatitis or tumor? Chest ‘rash’ appeared.
10/11 – confirmed pancreatitis. Halted Xeloda.
11/11 – skin mets confirmed.
12/11 - started Tykerb, back on Xeloda.
1/12 – cut Xeloda dose in ½. skin mets fading!
4/12 - no more Xeloda. skin mets resolved.
8/12 - brain mets found.
9/12 - gamma knife and fractionated brain radiation.
1/13 - progression throughout body. brain mets shrunk/resolved. no more Tykerb.
2/13 - starting T-DM1 trial.
bevilj is offline   Reply With Quote