View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #10
Kmswilson

Re: Questions on how you feel on Lapatinib and Xeloda

Thank you for your reply, Bevilj! I am so much more reassured by the replies from everyone on here!

Amanda, I've been on the Tykerb now for two weeks, and the Xeloda for one week. I take five Tykerb in the morning, but since it's supposed to be on an empty stomach, I take it when I wake up to use the restroom anytime between 4:30 and 5:30 am, then go back to sleep until it's time to get my sone up for school at 6:30 am. The I take 4 Xeloda after I eat breakfast, and then 3 Xeloda after dinner, before I go to bed. So far, it has really, really knocked me for a loop. For example, After getting my son off to school today, I went back to sleep and slept really hard until 11:00 am. And I probably could have slept another few hours! I am really exhausted and nauseous, just like you said, like early pregnancy feeling. I really hope it's just my body getting used to another type of chemo and just taking a hit, especially because my family is taking a spring break vacation in about 3 weeks to the beach, and I so want to enjoy it with my kids, husband and our families, and it's during my next cycle of Xeloda! Plus, I'm tired of feeling unproductive and useless around here! I'm just so tired and sick! But I have high hopes and really pray this is working! Wonderful that you can see your skin mets melt away! If you don't mind my asking, what do skin mets look like?

Thanks again, all!
12/27/10 - IDC, rt breast (approx. 15 cm), lymph nodes, age 36. 1/7/11 - stage 4 IDC, extensive liver mets, Bone mets (spine, sacrum, rib, sternum, upper arm), ER-/PR-, HER2+++; 1/12/11 - port, 1/17/11- startweekly Taxol/Herceptin, monthly Zometa
3/8/11- decrease in all tumors, bones healing. 3/11- 3 wks on/1 off Taxol/Herceptin, +Zometa
6/6/11 - decrease in all tumors, healing bones, 2-4 new liver lesions. 3 wks on/1 wk off Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin, +Zometa
7/29/11 - liver progression, others stable; 8/11-drop taxol/carbo, start Navelbine
12/11 - liver progression; begin AC, drop Herceptin;
1/12 - liver enzymes normal, 2/6 results show regression in liver, stable others, but 9 tiny brain mets (largest 7 mm). Begin 13 WBRs 2/6; 2/29-start Tykerb, 3/7, start Xeloda
5/2012- liver progression and regression, liver biopsy confirms HER2+++. drop Xeloda, start Herceptin, Tykerb, Zometa.
5/2012- brain MRI shows all lesions gone except 1, 2mm shrinking!
Kmswilson is offline   Reply With Quote