View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
Kmswilson

Re: Social Security benefits??

I am 37, diagnosed at 36, stage IV from the beginning. When I went on long term disability through my employer, the LTD company said I was rewuired to apply for Social security benefits on behalf of myself and both of my children. Because of the stage IV diagnosis, it was a speedy process. I filled out all of the paperwork for myself online, and I think I had to call and complete the application for my kids by appointment, but we did it over the phone. It was really very simple. Much easier than dealing with the LTD company through my employer by far. I've been receiving benefits since last July, and I've had no issues at all.
12/27/10 - IDC, rt breast (approx. 15 cm), lymph nodes, age 36. 1/7/11 - stage 4 IDC, extensive liver mets, Bone mets (spine, sacrum, rib, sternum, upper arm), ER-/PR-, HER2+++; 1/12/11 - port, 1/17/11- startweekly Taxol/Herceptin, monthly Zometa
3/8/11- decrease in all tumors, bones healing. 3/11- 3 wks on/1 off Taxol/Herceptin, +Zometa
6/6/11 - decrease in all tumors, healing bones, 2-4 new liver lesions. 3 wks on/1 wk off Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin, +Zometa
7/29/11 - liver progression, others stable; 8/11-drop taxol/carbo, start Navelbine
12/11 - liver progression; begin AC, drop Herceptin;
1/12 - liver enzymes normal, 2/6 results show regression in liver, stable others, but 9 tiny brain mets (largest 7 mm). Begin 13 WBRs 2/6; 2/29-start Tykerb, 3/7, start Xeloda
5/2012- liver progression and regression, liver biopsy confirms HER2+++. drop Xeloda, start Herceptin, Tykerb, Zometa.
5/2012- brain MRI shows all lesions gone except 1, 2mm shrinking!
Kmswilson is offline   Reply With Quote