View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
Vicky

Re: Questions on how you feel on Lapatinib and Xeloda

Hi Krissi!

Thanks for the quick response... I am giggling a bit over the fact I had steroids before Halaven yesterday and managed a couple of hours of sleep myself last night- so I can relate to how it might feel if it were to continue. I'll find out the plan Monday!

Thanks for the good insight on WBR... I know its under consideration, but we will see. I just have the 1 spot right now, but we all realize one can become many in no time.

My onc offered me the choice of doing radiation and then chemo later, but I am like you and thought with my lungs showing progression I didn't want to go too long without something in my system. Crazy to think we thrive on chemo

But I am so glad to hear your last session was today!! Two more weeks and you'll be back on chemo and hopefully your scan will show evaporating tumors!!

God bless and good luck to you! You'll have to come back and update!
6-14-11 CT scan after 3 cycles shows NO liver spots, reduced spinal met from 18mm to 13mm and right breast mass from 4.4 to 4.2 cm.
8-12-11 Mastectomy rt. breast.
10-11 scans reflect stable cancer
12-11 MRI reveals area of concern in brain, CT scan reveals 3mm spot on lung. Watch and wait and rescan in a few weeks. Round 13 TDM1 complete.
2-21-12 Scans reveal progression in lungs with 4 new small mets. Officially off tdm1. Start halaven and radiation for single brain met, 1 spot in spine.
3-13 stereotactic radiosurgery for single brain met.
5-31-12 Halaven stopped due to low blood counts. Start tamoxifen and cont. Herceptin 1x3 weeks.
7-11-12- brain mri shows shrinking brain met and no new lesions. Cont. Herceptin and Tamoxifen
10-2-12 Stable tumor markers. Continue Herceptin and Tamoxifen
4-9-13 progression in lymph node under arm and new lung spots. Stop Tamoxifen. Add Xeloda to Herceptin.
6-10-13 Stereotactic radiosurgery to two new brain mets. Stop Xeloda due to lung mets progression. begin Tykerb 7-2-13.
10-29-13 Begin radiation to my lungs and one lymph node under my arm. Stop Tykerb until completion and then recommence.
1-31-14 Progression in lungs. Oophorectomy performed.
2-18-14 Begin Arimidex and continue Herceptin
7-7-15 progression with spots on colon, in pelvic region, and in lungs. Begin Taxotere, Perjeta and Herceptin.
11-15 Switch to weekly Taxol, and continue with Perjeta and Herceptin.
12-23-16 PET scan shows Complete Response with no new spots. Continue on with TPH indefinitely.
3-16-16 Still no evidence of disease, break from Taxol. Continue on with Perjeta and Herceptin.
Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote