View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
Vicky

Re: Questions on how you feel on Lapatinib and Xeloda

Hi Krissi and Kristin,

I'm reading with great interest as I was given the choice of Xeloda yesterday for lung mets, but ended up with Halaven because my insurance does not cover non-infused chemo. Did either of you have any trouble with insurance not covering the cost of Tykerb or Xeloda? I don't know if this is something I can try to fight for in the future? I'd regret taking two potentially good treatment options off the table because I can't afford them out of pocket Krissi, I also have a brain met I am having zapped next week and my onc did suggest we consider WBR... I only have 1 spot right now, but the concern of course is how many others may crop up in the near future Any advice on what to expect from WBR if that is what we decide to do?

Thanks ladies, I am so happy to have stumbled across your thread today I wish both of you well in your new treatments!!
6-14-11 CT scan after 3 cycles shows NO liver spots, reduced spinal met from 18mm to 13mm and right breast mass from 4.4 to 4.2 cm.
8-12-11 Mastectomy rt. breast.
10-11 scans reflect stable cancer
12-11 MRI reveals area of concern in brain, CT scan reveals 3mm spot on lung. Watch and wait and rescan in a few weeks. Round 13 TDM1 complete.
2-21-12 Scans reveal progression in lungs with 4 new small mets. Officially off tdm1. Start halaven and radiation for single brain met, 1 spot in spine.
3-13 stereotactic radiosurgery for single brain met.
5-31-12 Halaven stopped due to low blood counts. Start tamoxifen and cont. Herceptin 1x3 weeks.
7-11-12- brain mri shows shrinking brain met and no new lesions. Cont. Herceptin and Tamoxifen
10-2-12 Stable tumor markers. Continue Herceptin and Tamoxifen
4-9-13 progression in lymph node under arm and new lung spots. Stop Tamoxifen. Add Xeloda to Herceptin.
6-10-13 Stereotactic radiosurgery to two new brain mets. Stop Xeloda due to lung mets progression. begin Tykerb 7-2-13.
10-29-13 Begin radiation to my lungs and one lymph node under my arm. Stop Tykerb until completion and then recommence.
1-31-14 Progression in lungs. Oophorectomy performed.
2-18-14 Begin Arimidex and continue Herceptin
7-7-15 progression with spots on colon, in pelvic region, and in lungs. Begin Taxotere, Perjeta and Herceptin.
11-15 Switch to weekly Taxol, and continue with Perjeta and Herceptin.
12-23-16 PET scan shows Complete Response with no new spots. Continue on with TPH indefinitely.
3-16-16 Still no evidence of disease, break from Taxol. Continue on with Perjeta and Herceptin.
Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote